It’s no secret that your favourite stars keep a close tab of what they eat. After all, it’s no easy task to look fit all the time (especially with the paparazzi scooting around).
From special smoothie bowls to customised protein shakes, each celeb swears by foods that hold a special place in their diets, and it’s not hard to see why oats is taking a front seat. The power packed grain is one of the most nutritious sources of energy one can get. Full of protein, iron and fibre, oats make a great addition to one’s diet. If you don’t know how you should really go about that bowl of oatmeal – these celebs are spilling some hot cues!1. Ariana Grande -Singer
Age – 27 years
Nationality – American
Grande’s recipe is straight to the point and doesn’t require much effort. Her recipe for vegan overnight oats has the perfect flavours of sweet and tangy mixed together.
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dairy free yogurt
- ½ teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Add in all the ingredients except for the blueberries in a bowl
- Mix it well and cover it then pop it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least three hours
- The next heat up the blueberries in a pan with a splash of water on medium heat
- Once the fruit has soften and the juice comes out turn off the heat and add it on top of your premade oats bowl
Affleck shares with the media how he had oatmeal during his practice days for his batman role. He stated how steel cut oatmeal was his main source of carbohydrate in the morning, and a protein shake by his side before and after workout training were the two things that helped him keep the perfect shape needed for his role.3. Robert Downey, Jr. – Actor
Downey was able to leave a good impression on Susan (his wife) thanks to oatmeal. Susan mentions how they had a lunch meeting for the discussion of the film Gothika
With the director and the female actress, Robert surprised everyone by bringing packets of oatmeal. Whilst everyone ordered for Japanese food he explained how it is a superfood. This sparked up an interest and Susan explained how she thought he was weird yet interesting. The happy Downey couple has been together since 2005 all thanks to oatmeal.4. Antoni Porowski – Television Personality
Porowski literally invented his own iced coffee recipe. The food guru says an iced oat milk latte is the best thing to get you awake after a half sleepy wake up call. His perfect latte calls for thick and creamy oat milk to give the perfect latte consistency and he prefers a medium amount of sugar. A clear glass, ice cubes, slow poured espresso, and a straw are basically what you need.
5. Gabrielle Union – Actress
Gabrielle’s personal chef made whole wheat hotcakes for her one day, and he was very nervous throughout the whole time. He informed the public that it was a false alarm and that Union still enjoys the hotcakes to this very day.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup grounded flaxseed
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup or ½ stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup chocolate hemp seeds
- Pure maple syrup
- Nonstick grape seed oil spray
- In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, flaxseed, oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- Whisk together buttermilk, vanilla, eggs, and butter in a separate medium sized bowl
- Mix the buttermilk to the dry ingredients to combine
- Lightly coat the nonstick pan or griddle with the spray and heat it over medium high heat
- Spoon the batter to the heated surface and cook until bubbles form on the sides and top
- Flip the pancakes and cook until its golden brown
- Repeat with the rest of the batter
- Serve with sliced bananas, blueberries, hemp seeds, and maple syrup
6. Hilary Duff – Actress
Rather than the typical oatmeal, Hilary likes it extra flavourful and extra healthy. She adds almond butter for protein, golden raisins and maple syrup for a hint of sweet note. That’s all there is but in Duff’s opinion this is quite good that it is one of her three main breakfast ideas!
7. Khloé Kardashian – Media Personality
Khloé says that losing weight literally changed her life and motivated her to start anew, after losing 11 pounds she says she gained more confidence. The Kardashian mentions how she stopped her dairy consumption and paid daily morning visits to the gym, which then was followed by an oatmeal and a protein shake to replenish her energy. Her ideal oatmeal requires steel cut oats, flaxseed powder, and water or almond milk. Khloé loves fruit toppings on her bowl of oats and really recommends it.
8. Kristin Cavallari – Television Personality
Kristin’s calls for an overnight oats bowl which is so simple to make and is just breakfast on the go when you make it the night before. Here is how you can make your own serving of nutritious oats.
- ½ cup thick rolled oats
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Toppings of choice
You can use a bowl but ideally a mason jar works
- First add in the oats to your jar
- Next add in the milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup then give it a good mix
- If you are using a bowl cover it with cling wrap or foil paper and put in the refrigerator overnight
- The next morning you can stir your oats and start munching them
- If you prefer your oats a bit warm you can always pop it in the microwave and give it a good stir
- You can now add your favourite toppings, be it fruits, chocolate chips or syrups
All these go wonderfully with the bowl of oats!